- A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
- A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers.
- A book holds a house of gold. 【书中自有黄金屋，上半句为什么没翻译啊？】
- A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
- A book tightly shut is but a block of paper.【开卷有益？】
- A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark.
- A diamond with a flaw is worth more than a pebble without imperfections.
- A filthy mouth will not utter decent language.
- A fool judges people by the presents they give him.
- A nation’s treasure is in its scholars.
- A rat who gnaws at a cat’s tail invites destruction.
- Be the first to the field and the last to the couch.
- Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.
- Dig the well before you are thirsty.
- Do good, reap good; do evil, reap evil.【善有善报，恶有恶报】
- Do not employ handsome servants.
- Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
- Do not remove a fly from your friend’s forehead with a hatchet.
- Don’t open a shop unless you like to smile.
- Each generation will reap what the former generation has sown.
- Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.【授人与鱼不如授人与渔】
- He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- He who is drowned is not troubled by the rain.
- He who strikes the first blow admits he’s lost the argument.
- If heaven made him, earth can find some use for him.【天生我才必有用】
- If you bow at all, bow low.【一不做，二不休】
- Keep your broken arm inside your sleeve.
- Raise your sail one foot and you get ten feet of wind.
- Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself.
- The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.【玉不琢不成器，下半句怎么说来着？？】
- The palest ink is better than the best memory.
- To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
- When you drink the water, remember the spring.【饮水思源】
- When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.